One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A performer or fan of funky music.
- ‘Unfortunately, it may be that the Streetwise isn't funky enough even for the shyer funksters among us.’
- ‘Oh, we do buy some records - you may have heard that we love the Beatles, Rod Stewart, and those funksters the Rolling Stones.’
- ‘There, a fellow student and member of the psychedelic funksters Papa's Magic Beard invited her to an audition.’
- ‘Other bands competing are Bedlam, local funksters Khaki Marquee and the all-female trio Proem - a surprise addition to this year's final in that the band plays emotive and eerie music, a world away from that of the other bands.’
- ‘I spent four and a bit hours at the Forum, listening to George Clinton and his band of nappy-wearing, sheepskin-donning, zoot suit-sporting funksters deliver the most incredible performance I've ever witnessed.’
- ‘Among those he has persuaded to back him are such cynical clubbing funksters as Mike Russell and Brian Monteith.’
- ‘Well, hear the news, soul funksters, like a wise man once said: ask and you shall receive.’
- ‘This album from Skinnymalinky label frontmen, 6'8 ‘pianist, bassist and trombonist Andy Cato and the slightly less tall Tom Findlay, is just the ticket for all you funksters out there who find Fatboy Slim a little too junior high.’’
- ‘Bands on the main stage included retro funksters FuzzFace, homegrown indie boys Hyde and headliners Nu Blues.’
- ‘Very quiet, very thoughtful, he's a funkster deep down, that's what I like about him.’
- ‘It's sales prompted a reissue on compact disc in 1998 and once again the cover features our funksters as genies ready to grant our wishes.’
- ‘When funksters and soulsters who reached adulthood in the 1960s and '70s criticize rap, their number one complaint is usually that too much of it isn't melodic enough.’
- ‘‘Penitentiary Philosophy’ is a bold new direction for this gentle funkster.’
- ‘Jazz funkster Maceo Parker brings his eight piece band to whip audiences into a adrenalin-fuelled frenzy.’
- ‘Youth has always been contrary, and a young funkster can't get much more contrary than declaring himself, or herself, true blue.’
- ‘From all reports these guys are fantastic and they will be playing with local funksters Swanky Dee, who are always great for a dance.’
- ‘Local funksters El Gonzo Green will perform at the Tatts Hotel in Lismore next Thursday, May 23, from 9.30 pm.’
- ‘Bullfrog is an album for the modern dancer, romantic and funkster.’
- ‘And by night, the bar draws out Edinburgh's party funksters who love to see the cream of local DJ's woo the crowd.’
- ‘The Today programme ain't where I'm going for my funkster grooves, people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.