One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Feeding on fungi or mushrooms.‘a fungivorous arthropod such as a millipede’
- ‘The appearance of only a few predaceous snare building insects among the Mycetophilidae, of which about two thousand species are known to be mostly fungivorous, is in itself remarkable.’
- ‘Finding sporocarps may be time consuming, which would contribute to the assumed high degree of polyphagy in fungivorous insects in general.’
- ‘It possesses a central columella that is rich in lipids and is a choice food item for fungivorous mammals.’
- ‘The goal of this study was to manage the soil food web to enhance population levels of microbivorous and fungivorous nematodes in the spring so that their feeding would release N immobilized in the primary decomposer biomass.’
- ‘These compounds appear to play a role in defending sclerotia from attack by fungivorous insects.’
- ‘We are studying the ecology of two groups of obligately fungivorous insects, cecid flies, and ciid beetles.’
- ‘Hundreds of California species either feed directly upon the e decomposer fungi, or predate the fungivorous taxa.’
- ‘The members of the tripunctata species group have diverse feeding habits; some are fungivorous and some are ground feeders associated with fallen flowers, small fruits, and decaying pulpy vegetation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.