One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Black-car motorcades cruise funereally through deserted streets, bringing presidents and prime ministers to the Congress Center, where the VIPs are meeting, or the Hilton Hotel.’
- ‘Typical are the album's three separate versions of Robert's title composition, a funereally paced piece that perfectly sets the tone; melancholy and brooding yet strangely optimistic.’
- ‘He announced funereally in November 1989, the same month the Berlin Wall crumbled: ‘The future looks dismal for the trenchcoat set.’’
- ‘The two duets with Vedder are the strongest of too many funereally morose dirges that bind the album.’
- ‘At the moment, classical concerts are often polarised either into high-minded affairs for existing aficionados, or ‘accessible’ drivel where the musicians and audience alike are funereally bored.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.