One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A religious service held before a person's burial or cremation.‘her funeral service will be held on Friday, at St Oswald's Parish Church’
- ‘Following a funeral service at home, the family shipped his body to Cincinnati for cremation.’
- ‘Whether or not you are able to attend the funeral service yourself, consider sending flowers to the home of the bereaved.’
- ‘The funeral service was filled with the gospel music he loved.’
- ‘The family is planning their own funeral service or some sort of memorial service.’
- ‘And then Friday morning will be the national funeral service at the National Cathedral.’
- ‘Although she maintained her composure during the wake and funeral service, she felt terribly lost.’
- ‘The forms of funeral services remain the same regardless of the cause of death.’
- ‘The majority of Kenyans practice Christian burials and funeral services.’
- ‘Her funeral service was conducted in the Quaker way in a Catholic church.’
- ‘Usually, a large picture of the deceased is on display at the funeral service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.