One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A religious service held before a person's burial or cremation.‘her funeral service will be held on Friday, at St Oswald's Parish Church’
- ‘The family is planning their own funeral service or some sort of memorial service.’
- ‘The majority of Kenyans practice Christian burials and funeral services.’
- ‘Following a funeral service at home, the family shipped his body to Cincinnati for cremation.’
- ‘The funeral service was filled with the gospel music he loved.’
- ‘Usually, a large picture of the deceased is on display at the funeral service.’
- ‘The forms of funeral services remain the same regardless of the cause of death.’
- ‘Her funeral service was conducted in the Quaker way in a Catholic church.’
- ‘And then Friday morning will be the national funeral service at the National Cathedral.’
- ‘Although she maintained her composure during the wake and funeral service, she felt terribly lost.’
- ‘Whether or not you are able to attend the funeral service yourself, consider sending flowers to the home of the bereaved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.