One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Seek financial support for a charity, cause, or other enterprise.‘we support a lot of charities that fundraise for cancer care and research’
- ‘At municipal, provincial, and national levels, they fundraise, organize and, yes, cheer for Canada's future classical musicians.’
- ‘She'd planned to fundraise to help get him the hearing implants he needed.’
- ‘The company says it fundraises for more than 500 charity groups.’
- ‘It is a difficult task to fundraise all the time but we have been greatly supported by the local community.’
- ‘He tirelessly promotes and fundraises for the club and, despite a spell of serious illness, remained involved and totally dedicated.’
- ‘The organisation has continued to fundraise aggressively.’
- ‘This talented group of young drummers are a credit to Peter and the dedicated group of people who fundraise endlessly to make this happen.’
- ‘He thanked all the club's sponsors and all who fundraised during the year.’
- ‘We have to fundraise 92 per cent of our income.’
- ‘Kitty also co-founded the local hospice for which she fundraised regularly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.