One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization or department that provides funds for a particular purpose.‘we are grateful to the funding bodies that supported these projects’
- ‘The ECRM was set up to promote co-operation between national funding bodies and strategic decision-makers.’
- ‘None of the UK research funding bodies has a strategy for prehospital care research.’
- ‘In general, the commitment of government funding bodies to the presentation of architecture predominated.’
- ‘The Arts Council, however, are not the only funding body supporting creativity.’
- ‘The conclusions do not necessarily reflect the views of the funding body.’
- ‘Biology and medical researchers at UK universities can now share their research findings with fellow researchers, funding bodies, students, and the public worldwide.’
- ‘College funding bodies are now less able to cast an independent eye over the allocation of their funds.’
- ‘Another key problem is the composition of funding body assessment panels.’
- ‘This approach is more democratic and transparent than the traditional methods used by research funding bodies.’
- ‘Funding bodies are increasingly uninterested in projects that don't guarantee quality (or profit).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.