One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lowest note of a chord in its original form.
- ‘The harmonics are secondary notes produced when an instrument is played, with frequencies that are multiples of the fundamental note frequency.’
- ‘The second movement begins with the horn singing all by itself, anchored in a fundamental note and flowering from there.’
- ‘In extreme cases the overtones generated can be as loud as the fundamental note produced by the string.’
- ‘A violin playing the same note will sound distinct because it also generates harmonics of this fundamental note.’
- ‘The result is a note different than the fundamental notes and rich of its own harmonic frequencies.’
- ‘A vibrating string, for example, can oscillate as a whole to produce the fundamental note which establishes the pitch of the note we hear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.