Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of atoms responsible for the characteristic reactions of a particular compound.
- ‘Condensation reactions depend on a repeated reaction between functional groups on the monomers.’
- ‘The oxygen atom of an ether functional group has two lone pairs of electrons.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depend on the types of groups of atoms or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
- ‘Methyl lithium is very reactive and acts as a nucleophilic methylating reagent to electrophilic functional groups, such as ketones.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depends on the types atom groups or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.