Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of atoms responsible for the characteristic reactions of a particular compound.
- ‘The oxygen atom of an ether functional group has two lone pairs of electrons.’
- ‘Condensation reactions depend on a repeated reaction between functional groups on the monomers.’
- ‘Methyl lithium is very reactive and acts as a nucleophilic methylating reagent to electrophilic functional groups, such as ketones.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depends on the types atom groups or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depend on the types of groups of atoms or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.