Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A food containing health-giving additives.
- ‘Health and obesity symposiums will focus on tailoring food choices to improve health, nutraceuticals and functional foods, fats and oils, and food chemistry.’
- ‘The increasing demand for safe, healthy, and minimally processed foods is creating an opportunity for seaweed products as functional foods, nutraceuticals, and alternative medicinal products.’
- ‘A majority, 51 percent of those surveyed, did not know that a functional food is a food containing potential health benefits beyond the traditional nutrients they provide.’
- ‘Natural functional foods are unprocessed whole foods that possess disease-fighting components.’
- ‘The issues surrounding the Genetically Modified foods, neutraceuticals and functional foods need to be resolved through concerted scientific endeavours.’
- ‘Many so-called functional foods, health foods, and nutraceuticals have been entering into the mainstream US diet lately, with little or no regulation or testing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.