One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a hotel, pub, or similar public building that is used for social events, meetings, or ceremonies.‘the reunion will be held on March 8th in the function room of the White Hart Hotel’
- ‘The function room is available for weddings, parties, anything!’
- ‘The thunderous sound took over the entire function room and ensured rapt attention.’
- ‘The two-storey building has a ground floor bar and kitchen and a self-contained function room on the first floor.’
- ‘There are seven function rooms, including the Crystal Ballroom, which accommodates up to 600 guests.’
- ‘There is also a bar and lounge, a restaurant and large function room.’
- ‘The hotel can cater for any event thanks to its 15 function rooms.’
- ‘The premises also includes the Olympia function room, which is rented out for social occasions.’
- ‘The Executive Business Meeting will be held on Thursday evening at a restaurant with a private function room.’
- ‘The property comes with outline planning permission to convert the function room area into six one-bedroom duplex apartments.’
- ‘We were playing a birthday party for Eric in the function room of a pub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.