One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a hotel, pub, or similar public building that is used for social events, meetings, or ceremonies.‘the reunion will be held on March 8th in the function room of the White Hart Hotel’
- ‘There are seven function rooms, including the Crystal Ballroom, which accommodates up to 600 guests.’
- ‘There is also a bar and lounge, a restaurant and large function room.’
- ‘The Executive Business Meeting will be held on Thursday evening at a restaurant with a private function room.’
- ‘The two-storey building has a ground floor bar and kitchen and a self-contained function room on the first floor.’
- ‘The property comes with outline planning permission to convert the function room area into six one-bedroom duplex apartments.’
- ‘The function room is available for weddings, parties, anything!’
- ‘We were playing a birthday party for Eric in the function room of a pub.’
- ‘The hotel can cater for any event thanks to its 15 function rooms.’
- ‘The thunderous sound took over the entire function room and ensured rapt attention.’
- ‘The premises also includes the Olympia function room, which is rented out for social occasions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.