One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of windsurfing board that is less stable but faster than a standard board.‘the longer funboards need a higher degree of skill than the smaller size’as modifier ‘funboard sailing’
- ‘Narrower and thinner than a funboard, with aggressive rocker and bottom contours.’
- ‘The most favourable months for those that ride funboards are certainly the spring and autumn months when the frequency of windy days is greatest.’
- ‘Find out more about the funboard setup and the different design features using the related links.’
- ‘OK… I have a question regarding what is the difference between funboard to a regular board?’
- ‘Then when you look at the break on a good swell, you have all manner of waves - a thick dredging wave by the jetty and then a slower, slopey wave - a longboard and funboard wave.’
- ‘You know how to go windsurfing on a long board, you sail in stronger and stronger winds, its high time to experience the acceleration and vivacity of a short board… a funboard.’
- ‘This smaller funboard offers many of the same characteristics of the other boards in the group.’
- ‘The funboards are designed to make the most of all sorts of waves.’
- ‘The design works well in small to medium size surf, however, funboards lose their charm in large surf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.