One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An artificial fabric with a texture resembling fur, typically in bright colours.
- ‘I used the fun fur I had left from making scarves for friends (at last count it was 60) and crocheted around the tops of the flip flops to use it up.’
- ‘She says fabrics such as PVC (for that wet look), leather, velvet and fun fur are what usually inspire her to create a particular outfit.’
- ‘Turtlenecks, jean jackets and car coats with fun fur collars - in various colours and made from recycled materials - are about $35.’
- ‘Meanwhile, I was famed for my fun fur coats with matching hats, in which I thought I looked tremendously chic.’
- ‘She was a vision in purple fun fur with zebra-print boot - cut leggings.’
- ‘We carry mostly solid colors of fleece and fun fur (faux fur).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.