One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball pitched right up to the batsman.
- ‘Viv Richards used to say that if you can anticipate a yorker it can be turned into a low full toss and a boundary.’
- ‘I like to see fielders drop catches under pressure, batsman get out to full tosses in crunch situations, strokes of luck that turn a game one way or the other.’
- ‘Ashley Giles began with a rash of full tosses, but recovered well with a seven-over spell yielding 11.’
- ‘This works on the first 6 batsmen but just bowl full tosses to finish off the tail enders. - Suggested by Dan’
- ‘Next ball, Lee produces a full toss that's virtually a beamer.’
- ‘All full tosses above the waist, and bouncers over the shoulder of the batsman will be called a no ball.’
- ‘In his first over he bowled only long hops and full tosses and was relieved and perplexed to get away with a maiden.’
- ‘The next over bowled by Bond was a maiden but he was very lucky as Sangakkara hit a juicy full toss straight to point.’
- ‘They just could not read his bouncers that were well directed, the full tosses that came like missiles at them or the toe crushing Yorkers that came howling at them.’
- ‘You should look to use the 6 hit button for all short, fast deliveries and full tosses unless on the middle stump.’
- ‘After a few short balls and full tosses that was smack for four, the same thing happened, and through pure intimidation the umpire had to give it out.’
- ‘The bowlers were instructed to bowl a series of slow long hops and full tosses, these aided by the fielders' feet across the boundary line.’
- ‘But three balls of the over strayed towards the leg side, one of them a full toss that McGrath dispatched to the boundary.’
- ‘I was trying to bowl a low full toss and I was watching the batsman's movement as well.’
- ‘Bouncers and snarls may have been littered with wides and full tosses but the Barbadian fully deserved his successes and the boisterous crowd his dramatic celebration.’
- ‘Sure enough, Gower and Whittaker proceeded to send down a succession of full tosses and long hops.’
- ‘Ashraful started slowly, but then accelerated, picking fast full tosses off his toes outside the off stump and flicking them to the fine leg boundary.’
- ‘A batsman who is whacking everything he bowled full tosses to that person.’
- ‘What part-time bowlers do is that they bowl full tosses and long hops but they slip in one good delivery.’
- ‘When our batters try to get out, they drop the catches and when our bowlers bowl them full tosses they pat them back as catches to the fielders.’
Without the ball having touched the ground.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.