One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of fuel a vehicle uses to travel a particular distance at a particular speed.‘the vehicle is easier to drive and has far better fuel consumption’
- ‘Italian cars sometimes give the impression that performance may take precedence over fuel consumption.’
- ‘The council was attracted by the car's frugal fuel consumption, low noise levels and reduced exhaust emissions.’
- ‘Expect an average fuel consumption of close to 25 mpg.’
- ‘Fuel consumption is good - you can expect to get around 45 miles per gallon.’
- ‘Significant recent improvements in engine efficiency as well as hull and propeller design have also led to big savings in fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.’
- ‘The test car, with its 1.8 litre petrol engine, gave good performance and fuel consumption in all circumstances.’
- ‘One downside to turbo charging an engine in order to achieve a better power output is that fuel consumption suffers.’
- ‘The performance is a combination of the weight, fuel consumption and aerodynamics.’
- ‘Even in traffic, the engine saunters along contentedly at low revs, keeping fuel consumption down.’
- ‘This power unit gives the car excellent performance combined with miserly fuel consumption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.