One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of fuel a vehicle uses to travel a particular distance at a particular speed.‘the vehicle is easier to drive and has far better fuel consumption’
- ‘One downside to turbo charging an engine in order to achieve a better power output is that fuel consumption suffers.’
- ‘The council was attracted by the car's frugal fuel consumption, low noise levels and reduced exhaust emissions.’
- ‘This power unit gives the car excellent performance combined with miserly fuel consumption.’
- ‘The test car, with its 1.8 litre petrol engine, gave good performance and fuel consumption in all circumstances.’
- ‘Even in traffic, the engine saunters along contentedly at low revs, keeping fuel consumption down.’
- ‘Fuel consumption is good - you can expect to get around 45 miles per gallon.’
- ‘Italian cars sometimes give the impression that performance may take precedence over fuel consumption.’
- ‘Expect an average fuel consumption of close to 25 mpg.’
- ‘The performance is a combination of the weight, fuel consumption and aerodynamics.’
- ‘Significant recent improvements in engine efficiency as well as hull and propeller design have also led to big savings in fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.