Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
File transfer protocol, a standard for the exchange of program and data files across a network.
Transfer (a file) from one computer or system to another, especially on the Internet.‘there is plenty of info to be FTPed’
transmit, convey, communicateView synonyms
- ‘The basic upgrade isn't too tricky if you're comfortable with FTPing and checking file permissions, etc.’
- ‘There are limitations when using a Web browser for FTPing since not all capabilities are supported.’
- ‘Emailing a couple hundred MP3s or FTPing it to your PC at home will raise eyebrows if the Network Administrator is monitoring the network.’
- ‘We can easily swamp the IDE drive in chips by FTPing something across this link onto it and watching the transfer speed drop to ‘only’ 45MB / sec.’
- ‘In March 2000 I'd just moved to London and was without a job for the first three weeks so I started keeping a diary, edited by hand and FTPed onto some free webspace from the ISP.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.