One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The spore-producing organ of a fungus, often seen as a toadstool.
- ‘Cursory scanning of fresh cultures was conducted for each plate to check for existing myxomycete fruiting bodies.’
- ‘At the maturity of the Cordyceps fungi, fruiting bodies of a spectacular shape grow out of the host insect.’
- ‘In reality, a truffle is the fruiting body of a fungus which grows wholly underground.’
- ‘Mature fruiting bodies of Hemitrichia serpula, Trichia botrytis, and Trichia favoginea were documented by field collections in the tree canopy.’
- ‘One final consideration is that the known fruiting bodies of marine fungi are not as geometrically complex as the Mistaken Point taxa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.