One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large tropical American cotinga with mainly black or red and black plumage.
Family Cotingidae: four genera and species
- ‘After pointing out the green oropendolas and purple-throated fruitcrows to the ladies we continued again to the savannah behind the forest.’
- ‘Awaken to a tropical chorus of motmots, toucans, and fruitcrows.’
- ‘We can provide the equipment and training necessary for safe birding a hundred to a hundred and fifty feet above the ground, up in the domain of the Harpy Eagles, macaws, parrots, toucans, cotingas, fruitcrows, tyrannulets, honeycreepers, and tanagers.’
- ‘The female fruitcrow is totally black, with a white bill, like the bill of the male.’
- ‘The forest trail behind the lodge has Purple-throated fruitcrows and the colorful little Strawberry poison dart frogs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.