One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large tropical American cotinga with mainly black or red and black plumage.
Family Cotingidae: four genera and species
- ‘Awaken to a tropical chorus of motmots, toucans, and fruitcrows.’
- ‘After pointing out the green oropendolas and purple-throated fruitcrows to the ladies we continued again to the savannah behind the forest.’
- ‘The female fruitcrow is totally black, with a white bill, like the bill of the male.’
- ‘The forest trail behind the lodge has Purple-throated fruitcrows and the colorful little Strawberry poison dart frogs.’
- ‘We can provide the equipment and training necessary for safe birding a hundred to a hundred and fifty feet above the ground, up in the domain of the Harpy Eagles, macaws, parrots, toucans, cotingas, fruitcrows, tyrannulets, honeycreepers, and tanagers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.