Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large tropical American cotinga with mainly black or red and black plumage.
- ‘The female fruitcrow is totally black, with a white bill, like the bill of the male.’
- ‘Awaken to a tropical chorus of motmots, toucans, and fruitcrows.’
- ‘We can provide the equipment and training necessary for safe birding a hundred to a hundred and fifty feet above the ground, up in the domain of the Harpy Eagles, macaws, parrots, toucans, cotingas, fruitcrows, tyrannulets, honeycreepers, and tanagers.’
- ‘After pointing out the green oropendolas and purple-throated fruitcrows to the ladies we continued again to the savannah behind the forest.’
- ‘The forest trail behind the lodge has Purple-throated fruitcrows and the colorful little Strawberry poison dart frogs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.