One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for fructose
- ‘Fructooligosaccharide is a fruit sugar and is often used as a prebiotic in the treatment of Candida.’
- ‘If you have a sweet tooth, you'll appreciate that almost all of our foods contain fructose, a natural fruit sugar that burns slowly in your body to provide long-lasting energy, unlike ordinary table sugar.’
- ‘Agave nectar is a fruit sugar, which absorbs more slowly into the bloodstream and is suitable for diabetics, since it's much lower on the glycemic index.’
- ‘Health visitors from all over the country pleaded for clearer labelling - sodium should be labelled as salt, fructose as fruit sugar for example.’
2Canadian A very fine type of granulated sugar suitable for sprinkling on fruit.
- ‘The crystal size of Bakers Special is even finer than that of fruit sugar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.