One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being economical with money or food; thriftiness.‘he scorned the finer things in life and valued frugality and simplicity’
thriftiness, carefulness, scrimping and saving, conservation, good managementView synonyms
- ‘His frugality and thrift were particularly notorious.’
- ‘Both are at one with a certain instinct of frugality, by which I do not mean meanness.’
- ‘‘We learned our frugality from my mother,’ he explains.’
- ‘Departing from his predecessor's frugality, he provided lavish games for the Romans to enjoy, and abolished the sales tax.’
- ‘My frugality is still moderate by Scottish standards, though.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.