One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We got back a week ago quite dismal at having to leave Italy, and are slowly getting used to the frowsiness of our glorious country.’
- ‘The question has arisen in other lands, prompted by the conduct and language and the studied physical and moral frowsiness of individuals who have identified themselves with radical movements.’
- ‘Even Calvin would be embarrassed by the frowziness of it.’
- ‘In that tradeoff, though, I start to rank myself against the slick rather than the good, and my own frowziness becomes blindingly visible.’
- ‘The bed was so good that it tended to highlight the frowziness of the chairs and other furniture fittings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.