One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The question has arisen in other lands, prompted by the conduct and language and the studied physical and moral frowsiness of individuals who have identified themselves with radical movements.’
- ‘The bed was so good that it tended to highlight the frowziness of the chairs and other furniture fittings.’
- ‘In that tradeoff, though, I start to rank myself against the slick rather than the good, and my own frowziness becomes blindingly visible.’
- ‘We got back a week ago quite dismal at having to leave Italy, and are slowly getting used to the frowsiness of our glorious country.’
- ‘Even Calvin would be embarrassed by the frowziness of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.