One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Back into the garage, and drive frontwards out of the driveway.’
- ‘Of course, there are other fun intermediate skills, too, like backward skating and switching from frontwards to backwards and vice versa.’
- ‘With a flat-bottomed boat you should be able to surf as well sideways (called a grind) as you do frontwards or backwards.’
- ‘But when he opened his eyes, Jacobs, in a powerful jerk, had thrust herself frontwards to perform a forward tuck.’
- ‘She rolled her right shoulder frontwards and pushed her left back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.