One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a manoeuvre in surfing and other board sports which is done anticlockwise for a regular rider and clockwise for a goofy rider.
- ‘I mean, I'm good and all I can do is frontside grinds and sweepers.’
- ‘Increasing the frontside bus to get extra CPU speed meant faster PCI slots, thus faster video cards.’
- ‘Johnny almost lost his marbles going for the frontside double flip while Ethan dished out the tail block fakie, bastard plant and the hazard.’
- ‘Watching Chris Miller effortlessly dismantling the two bowls with the fattest frontside airs over the hip was tight.’
- ‘There was a dude with dreads that was smoking some wacky, and just rolled straight in and came up the other side and pulled a frontside handplant like it was nothing.’
- ‘Scott skated good, Roz busted out some huge frontside grabs, Arthur landed some nice frontside flips.’
- ‘His streak continued that night at the Pala pool where he doled out a clean frontside rock, while Chalmers and Luke polished off most of the rest of the moves.’
- ‘Ethan was seen popping frontside ollies and Marty was doing stylish frontside rocks with goggles on.’
- ‘They had a high-air contest and I can go higher frontside than backside.’
- ‘I was taking a run down the line in the pipe and tell backwards off the wall taking a frontside turn.’
- ‘Rune blasted some of the biggest frontside airs I have ever seen and backside flip lipslides like he was born doing them.’
- ‘The pros have just been eating this place up, from Daewon's blunts on the gnarwall to Bennett Harada's frontside ollies off the bowl hip.’
- ‘I carve a nice frontside turn up on the roll-in area of the ditch.’
- ‘Ever wondered how to do a backside nosegrind or a frontside flip over a hip?’
- ‘He did some pretty sweet frontside kickflip lipslides for eighth.’
- ‘Or is one new life-change not enough for the master of the frontside flip?’
- ‘He simply does what he called you to shoot for, such as this padless frontside invert at his board sponsor's training facility.’
- ‘It's either a frontside air, or an indy air (which is grabbing like a frontside air but going backside).’
- ‘Now that I've caught the board, I swing it back in a frontside kickturn.’
- ‘Taking off backside isn't much different than frontside except that now your weight is centered low towards the inner edge on the middle of the board.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.