One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See front bench
- ‘These are the government frontbenchers, government backbenchers, opposition frontbenchers, and opposition backbenchers.’
- ‘It is being run by advertising agents, frontbenchers and lobby correspondents.’
- ‘He and other frontbenchers introduced private members bills to stop the so-called party of the people from selling off the people's land around Sydney.’
- ‘He told the frontbencher to shut up (in Parliamentary language), adding: ‘There are others who wish to ask questions.’’
- ‘On top of this, she is one of only a small handful of MPs to be both a frontbencher and a select committee member.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.