One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An owner of land or property adjoining a street or water.
- ‘They agreed to ask the district council to convene a meeting with Skipton Chamber of Trade, the High Street frontagers and the town council.’
- ‘The responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of a private street rests with the frontagers or street managers.’
- ‘Even if there is no mention in the sale of the transfer of the highway, it will be presumed in these circumstances that the whole width is owned by the frontager.’
- ‘The working group also reported on a payment to the frontagers in Plumberow Avenue.’
- ‘The fact is it must be against natural justice to expect six frontagers to keep footing the cost of keeping the Tile Kiln Lane passable.’
- ‘Such defects could include trees and hedges that require attention either by the Highway Authority or frontager.’
- ‘It agreed to write to frontagers to say it was ‘totally dissatisfied’ with attempts to keep the High Street tidy and give easy access to pedestrians trying to cross the road.’
- ‘After all, the proposition is that a frontager should be compensated for an increase in traffic levels brought about not by any physical alteration but merely by some other factor outside the direct relevance of the road and the frontager.’
- ‘Therefore if there is genuine concern regarding the safety of road users and the level of usage of the road then it is for the frontagers to determine what action they should take.’
- ‘The meeting heard that permission would have to be sought from High Street frontagers and a licence would be required from the Highway Authority if part of the road had to be cordoned off for work.’
- ‘Mrs Dixon favoured a course of action which included improved management under a market officer and the voluntary transfer of the ownership of the setts from frontagers to North Yorkshire County Council.’
- ‘The duty of repairing banks and sluices devolved upon frontagers, but the works were neglected and many petitions were put to the King by people who suffered flooding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.