One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A service road.
- ‘I pulled off on to the frontage road and I called 911, and I pulled up on down to where the airplane was.’
- ‘The six-lane concrete road, toll plaza and 1.5 miles of frontage roads is slated for a Sept. 2007 opening.’
- ‘Reed's course was a 12.5-mile-long stretch of I - 10 frontage road.’
- ‘The frontage roads allowed people to actually get somewhere, though, even though they had only one lane going in each direction.’
- ‘The first identified point of contact was a concrete divider that separated Commonwealth and a frontage road.’
- ‘The highway is about 110 feet away, but they said a frontage road would stop just 30 feet from the front steps.’
- ‘There are other frontage roads marked in southern New Mexico, and the signage varies slightly on some roads.’
- ‘I peel out of the parking lot and smoothly shift gears, wheeling around a corner and pushing eighty down a frontage road.’
- ‘As we walk across the parking lot, we can see the two cops inside, a man and a woman, chewing their food and staring at us through the large glass window that faces the one-way frontage road.’
- ‘To get to Agua Caliente Canyon, exit Interstate 19 at Canoa Road and follow the east frontage road south before turning eastward into the canyon on Elephant Head Road.’
- ‘They watched The Pirate's Camero disappear down the beach frontage road toward the highway.’
- ‘Take 1-15 and exit at Leeds, 17 miles northeast of St. George; make a U-turn onto the frontage road.’
- ‘The dealership sits on a squeaky-clean frontage road in an elongated auto park just south of the San Bernardino Freeway.’
- ‘As they were driving along the frontage road at the airport, a commercial jet whooshed overhead.’
- ‘Other added bus routes will run along the north and south frontage roads along Interstate 494, he said.’
- ‘The bar we went to was on a frontage road that looped north of the airport.’
- ‘Farm machinery would need to be driven on side roads or frontage roads to access fields.’
- ‘We are cruising down New Mexico's Old Las Vegas Highway, a frontage road that runs along I - 25.’
- ‘The new design for 400,000 daily vehicles adds a sixth travel lane and creates a two-lane frontage road system 30 ft under the Big I to carry an extra 60,000 daily motorists each way.’
- ‘The City Council voted unanimously June 18 to buy the frontage road south of Highway 13 and east of Parkwood Drive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.