One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main entrance to a house.‘a visitor arrived at the front door’
- ‘Julian stared at all of it while at the same time focusing in on the large front doors of the main building.’
- ‘In those days, the houses never shut their front doors in the summer.’
- ‘There were no answers when she knocked at the front doors of the houses of friends and family.’
- ‘Witnesses said officers used hydraulic rams to try to break into the building's heavy front doors.’
- ‘There are no front porches, and front doors are often hidden at the side of houses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.