One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The registration and reception desk in a hotel or large organization.
- ‘The only people that should be behind the front desk should be the front desk employees.’
- ‘A shortage of officers means police are having to recruit Neighbourhood Watch volunteers to man the front desk.’
- ‘He said the new system allowed a more efficient ordering service at the front desk.’
- ‘One step is to make sure that the bellhop is always outside and that someone is always at the front desk.’
- ‘He has a night job at the front desk of the Baltic Hotel under an equally thuggish boss.’
- ‘Someday I will go in and ask the lady at the front desk because those people are paid to be friendly.’
- ‘She went to the front desk and a man directed her way up to her hotel suit, which was on the top floor.’
- ‘After an initial two-hour training session, the recruits will be working alongside full-time civilians at police station front desks for practical experience.’
- ‘Unlike staying in commercial hotels, whose front desks understand English and can help you arrange transportation, you're on your own while staying in vacation rental properties.’
- ‘He scored a position as a receptionist on the front desk and he knew that this was for him, despite the lowly position.’
- ‘She registered at the front desk, while Jenni tried to find her name on the room list.’
- ‘Later we came down to the front desk and the lady on the desk asked if we knew a B and L Goode.’
- ‘He told the person at the front desk that he'd be returning to the hotel by midnight local time.’
- ‘I grabbed my stuff and ran by the front desk, waving to the receptionist as I went.’
- ‘Drake was sitting at the front desks, his back to me, conversing with his partner while setting up equipment.’
- ‘When they got to the front desk, Mandi tapped the bell on the desk, and a young man walked over.’
- ‘These bookings are made at the front desk or on a board near the machines.’
- ‘I popped into the hotel and left my card at the front desk with a message asking the team leader to give me a call.’
- ‘Upon entry, most have a front desk or a staff member that monitors who enters the premises.’
- ‘I started shaking even harder when we walked into the front door and to the front desk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.