One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The registration and reception desk in a hotel or large organization.
- ‘He scored a position as a receptionist on the front desk and he knew that this was for him, despite the lowly position.’
- ‘A shortage of officers means police are having to recruit Neighbourhood Watch volunteers to man the front desk.’
- ‘He has a night job at the front desk of the Baltic Hotel under an equally thuggish boss.’
- ‘Drake was sitting at the front desks, his back to me, conversing with his partner while setting up equipment.’
- ‘He told the person at the front desk that he'd be returning to the hotel by midnight local time.’
- ‘The only people that should be behind the front desk should be the front desk employees.’
- ‘One step is to make sure that the bellhop is always outside and that someone is always at the front desk.’
- ‘After an initial two-hour training session, the recruits will be working alongside full-time civilians at police station front desks for practical experience.’
- ‘Unlike staying in commercial hotels, whose front desks understand English and can help you arrange transportation, you're on your own while staying in vacation rental properties.’
- ‘I popped into the hotel and left my card at the front desk with a message asking the team leader to give me a call.’
- ‘I started shaking even harder when we walked into the front door and to the front desk.’
- ‘When they got to the front desk, Mandi tapped the bell on the desk, and a young man walked over.’
- ‘Later we came down to the front desk and the lady on the desk asked if we knew a B and L Goode.’
- ‘He said the new system allowed a more efficient ordering service at the front desk.’
- ‘These bookings are made at the front desk or on a board near the machines.’
- ‘I grabbed my stuff and ran by the front desk, waving to the receptionist as I went.’
- ‘She went to the front desk and a man directed her way up to her hotel suit, which was on the top floor.’
- ‘Someday I will go in and ask the lady at the front desk because those people are paid to be friendly.’
- ‘She registered at the front desk, while Jenni tried to find her name on the room list.’
- ‘Upon entry, most have a front desk or a staff member that monitors who enters the premises.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.