One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A floating freshwater plant with creeping stems which bear clusters of small rounded leaves.
- ‘However, I have a feeling that this floater takes in lots of nutrients as my frogbits are growing yellow.’
- ‘I have about 25% of the surface covered with frogbits.’
- ‘Since its introduction in Ottawa, European frogbit has become one of the dominant plants in many eastern-Ontario wetlands, and has reduced native plant biodiversity.’
- ‘European frogbit can displace native aquatic plants and deplete dissolved oxygen levels, impacting fish and wildlife.’
- ‘Other species found during the survey include coontail, fragrant waterlily, American pondweed, duckweed, American frogbit, cattail, soft-stem bulrush, and arrowhead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.