One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) semi-sparkling.
effervescent, fizzy, carbonated, aerated, gassy, bubbly, bubbling, fizzing, foaming, frothyView synonyms
- ‘You can drink it lightly chilled, and a slight frizzante element is a regional quirk in many of them.’
- ‘The quality varies wildly and can range from frizzante Prosecco from the tap to more refined bottled versions.’
- ‘The lively, almost frizzante wash and warm finish cut through the remaining spicy, meaty wafer.’
- ‘Even though it was frizzante, it had strong varietal characteristics of Pinot Grigio.’
- ‘Of the 28 million bottles produced in an average year, approximately 1 million are of still wine, 7 million of frizzante or fizzy wine, and 20 million of spumante.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.