One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) semi-sparkling.
effervescent, fizzy, carbonated, aerated, gassy, bubbly, bubbling, fizzing, foaming, frothyView synonyms
- ‘You can drink it lightly chilled, and a slight frizzante element is a regional quirk in many of them.’
- ‘Of the 28 million bottles produced in an average year, approximately 1 million are of still wine, 7 million of frizzante or fizzy wine, and 20 million of spumante.’
- ‘The lively, almost frizzante wash and warm finish cut through the remaining spicy, meaty wafer.’
- ‘Even though it was frizzante, it had strong varietal characteristics of Pinot Grigio.’
- ‘The quality varies wildly and can range from frizzante Prosecco from the tap to more refined bottled versions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.