One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It has 180,000 immigration officers, Customs agents, airport friskers, Coast Guard personnel and others.’
- ‘This means heavier pats from heavy-handed friskers.’
- ‘Wheelchair-bound and wearing a prosthetic leg, he was enraged when frisker tried to confiscate his amulet, an M - 16 bullet that hung on his keychain, at the final security check at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.’
- ‘Hand-and-foot monitors are provided at high traffic boundaries and friskers at the rest.’
- ‘While this is standard operating procedure, they only had a couple friskers at each door, and five or six security guards looking lethargically over the crowd.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.