One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘About an inch of length at the neckline is often attractive and should be left fringy rather than blunt at the bottom.’
- ‘The delegates didn't have time for their fringy nonsense, the press didn't care, and the protesters were not serious.’
- ‘This shrub offers burgundy-green foliage and hot pink, fringy blooms primarily in late winter-spring.’
- ‘Rachael had now put on a black skirt, with a fringy sea-blue v-neck top, and was prancing around the room, her arms extended.’
- ‘Witch hazels unfurl their soft-scented, fringy flowers at a time when gardens offer few other blooms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.