One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The delegates didn't have time for their fringy nonsense, the press didn't care, and the protesters were not serious.’
- ‘Rachael had now put on a black skirt, with a fringy sea-blue v-neck top, and was prancing around the room, her arms extended.’
- ‘Witch hazels unfurl their soft-scented, fringy flowers at a time when gardens offer few other blooms.’
- ‘This shrub offers burgundy-green foliage and hot pink, fringy blooms primarily in late winter-spring.’
- ‘About an inch of length at the neckline is often attractive and should be left fringy rather than blunt at the bottom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.