One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fried or baked meatball; a rissole.
- ‘To prepare the frikkadels, mix all ingredients, except dill, together lightly with two forks and shape into frikkadels.’
- ‘When I plan to serve frikkadels with pasta I always add a pinch of thyme, sage and tarragon.’
- ‘Pour the sauce over the frikkadels and serve at once, or present it separately in a bowl.’
- ‘I was reminded of an amazing liver sausage, flavoured with fennel, that I ate in Italy, and we put together these frikkadels that we served as an appetizer with the pre-dinner drinks.’
- ‘Fry the frikkadels in hot oil until crisp and well browned.’
Afrikaans, from French fricadelle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.