One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fried or baked meatball; a rissole.
- ‘Fry the frikkadels in hot oil until crisp and well browned.’
- ‘When I plan to serve frikkadels with pasta I always add a pinch of thyme, sage and tarragon.’
- ‘I was reminded of an amazing liver sausage, flavoured with fennel, that I ate in Italy, and we put together these frikkadels that we served as an appetizer with the pre-dinner drinks.’
- ‘To prepare the frikkadels, mix all ingredients, except dill, together lightly with two forks and shape into frikkadels.’
- ‘Pour the sauce over the frikkadels and serve at once, or present it separately in a bowl.’
Afrikaans, from French fricadelle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.