One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He responded frigidly by asking whether there were any such establishments.’
- ‘‘I see,’ she replied frigidly, her movements stiff with hurt.’
- ‘‘We are all gratified to see your health so much improved,’ Lady Alison said frigidly.’
- ‘‘Talk is damaging, Lady Readle,’ she refuted frigidly.’
- ‘The lake was frigidly cold, uncomfortable but cleansing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.