One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cold room in an ancient Roman bath.
- ‘The first room entered is the frigidarium, or cold room, referring to the cold plunge bath housed here.’
- ‘In the bathhouse's second phase the frigidarium was annexed to the church and was turned into a baptistery.’
- ‘Finally they would take a quick dip in the cold bath, the frigidarium.’
- ‘After this, the visitor would return to the tepidarium and then to frigidarium to cool down.’
- ‘Preliminary analysis suggests the frigidarium remained in use until its roof collapsed on a hapless bather.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.