One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cold room in an ancient Roman bath.
- ‘Finally they would take a quick dip in the cold bath, the frigidarium.’
- ‘After this, the visitor would return to the tepidarium and then to frigidarium to cool down.’
- ‘Preliminary analysis suggests the frigidarium remained in use until its roof collapsed on a hapless bather.’
- ‘In the bathhouse's second phase the frigidarium was annexed to the church and was turned into a baptistery.’
- ‘The first room entered is the frigidarium, or cold room, referring to the cold plunge bath housed here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.