One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Making someone afraid or anxious; terrifying.‘a frightening experience’
- ‘A shouted threat would have been less frightening than the amused satisfaction in his tone.’
- ‘This term, which is quite frightening to me, is often used to mean civilian casualties.’
- ‘It's a frightening situation and it's gotten to the point where I dread turning the news on.’
- ‘It's going to be a very new experience for us, and it could be a frightening one, too.’
- ‘But it is a strange and somewhat frightening thing when you are in the middle of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.