One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Weapon fire coming from one's own side that causes accidental injury or death to one's own forces.
- ‘And then there is the added danger of mines, hidden weapons, friendly fire and the environment itself.’
- ‘The number of British dead now stands at 20, with 18 of those killed in accidents or by friendly fire.’
- ‘Although he was mortally wounded by friendly fire, the flank attack continued under Stuart the next day, joining up with Lee.’
- ‘Although the combatant forces are heavily intermixed, friendly fire does not appear to have been an issue during the actual battle.’
- ‘With seven different dye colors available, it's possible to find out who shot who, and how much friendly fire their was.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.