One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being friendly; affability.‘I was overwhelmed by the friendliness of the people here’
affability, amiability, geniality, congeniality, cordiality, good nature, good humour, warmth, affection, affectionateness, demonstrativeness, conviviality, joviality, companionability, companionableness, sociability, gregariousness, clubbability, comradeship, neighbourliness, hospitableness, approachability, accessibility, easy-going manner, communicativeness, openness, lack of reservation, lack of inhibition, good-naturedness, kindness, kindliness, sympathy, amenability, benevolenceView synonyms
- ‘What makes this place distinct is the spirit of community, the friendliness, the helpfulness.’
- ‘I catch buses quite frequently and appreciate the courtesy and friendliness of most of the drivers.’
- ‘That act of kindness and the lady's friendliness and genuine concern that we had had a good day in Bury, warmed our hearts.’
- ‘He somehow always manages to infuse it with warmth and friendliness and humor.’
- ‘You'll probably find them listening and responding with unexpected warmth and friendliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.