One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A saw with a narrow blade stretched vertically on a frame, for cutting thin wood in patterns.
- ‘Fretwork of the 1800's and early 1900's was done with hand fretsaws or foot-powered scroll saws.’
- ‘Ilya is requesting a loan of $1,000 to purchase some new equipment, such as electric drills and fretsaws because the tools he's been using are old and need frequent repairs.’
- ‘Then there is the ability to produce more unusually shaped pieces which traditional fretsaws or even laser cutting machines cannot replicate.’
- ‘One man laboriously cut the pierced decoration with a fretsaw and a variety of steel punches.’
- ‘We bring eight hand-operated fretsaws and all the materials so people can make a piece of fretwork that they then take home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.