One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A saw with a narrow blade stretched vertically on a frame, for cutting thin wood in patterns.
- ‘Fretwork of the 1800's and early 1900's was done with hand fretsaws or foot-powered scroll saws.’
- ‘We bring eight hand-operated fretsaws and all the materials so people can make a piece of fretwork that they then take home.’
- ‘Ilya is requesting a loan of $1,000 to purchase some new equipment, such as electric drills and fretsaws because the tools he's been using are old and need frequent repairs.’
- ‘One man laboriously cut the pierced decoration with a fretsaw and a variety of steel punches.’
- ‘Then there is the ability to produce more unusually shaped pieces which traditional fretsaws or even laser cutting machines cannot replicate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.