Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A flat lens made of a number of concentric rings, to reduce spherical aberration.
- ‘Wiko replacement fresnel lenses have long been known for their superior quality.’
- ‘The diameter of the hole is equal to the diameter of the largest complete circle on your fresnel lens.’
- ‘Keep in mind that your fresnel is going to be held by some kind of frame.’
- ‘These were made for use in rear screen projection TV sets in conjunction with our fresnel lenses.’
- ‘I checked all around, studied up on the differences in fresnel lenses and finally decided on the F550 lens from 3Dlens.com.’
Mid 19th century: named after A. J. Fresnel(see Fresnel, Augustin Jean).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.