Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A female first-year student.
- ‘Wilg recruits not only freshwomen, but all female undergraduate students as well.’
- ‘A Fall 1998 national survey found that only 1.6% of incoming college freshwomen planned to major in computer science.’
- ‘First year students in the freshwoman halls are placed in both single and a limited number of double rooms.’
- ‘I am a freshwoman in high school and I am getting back into writing.’
- ‘I am 18 years old and a female freshwoman in college.’
- ‘Lacy is a Mills freshwoman whose interests include outerspace, cats, books, and women's issues.’
- ‘Her study also found that this misperception increases over time, as seniors seem much more likely than freshwomen to misjudge the weight and habits of others.’
- ‘Several specialty dorms do not house freshwomen, but contain a mixture of the remaining three classes.’
- ‘I am a concerned mother of an incoming freshwoman, starting to have those ‘letting go’ nightmares.’
- ‘The session will focus on the experiences of current freshwomen at BMC.’
- ‘The program, which will provide four-year support for incoming freshwomen who face severe economic hardship and who exhibit exceptional leadership potential, expects to produce more than 100 scholars in its first 10 years.’
- ‘Dr. Michael Novak spoke to us on freshwoman move-in day about a degree versus an education.’
- ‘Rashida Thomas became a freshwoman at Trinity in Washington D.C. as of September 2004.’
- ‘Christina Gambaro is a freshwoman majoring in social work.’
- ‘Students wishing to apply to the Academy of Notre Dame for admission as freshwomen must complete the following steps.’
- ‘The counseling office assists freshwomen in making the transition from middle school to high school.’
- ‘Both seniors and freshwomen who did attend found them interesting and enjoyable - the speaker luncheons received very high ratings.’
- ‘We were now at the greatest business school in the world and we were freshmen and freshwomen.’
- ‘Another one of our bright and capable freshwoman students, Melissa is also the mother of a young daughter.’
- ‘Our Counseling Center is on hand to assist students with college preparation and career planning beginning in their freshwoman year and continuing through graduation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.