Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A female first-year student.
- ‘Lacy is a Mills freshwoman whose interests include outerspace, cats, books, and women's issues.’
- ‘Students wishing to apply to the Academy of Notre Dame for admission as freshwomen must complete the following steps.’
- ‘The session will focus on the experiences of current freshwomen at BMC.’
- ‘Wilg recruits not only freshwomen, but all female undergraduate students as well.’
- ‘Dr. Michael Novak spoke to us on freshwoman move-in day about a degree versus an education.’
- ‘We were now at the greatest business school in the world and we were freshmen and freshwomen.’
- ‘The counseling office assists freshwomen in making the transition from middle school to high school.’
- ‘I am a freshwoman in high school and I am getting back into writing.’
- ‘Her study also found that this misperception increases over time, as seniors seem much more likely than freshwomen to misjudge the weight and habits of others.’
- ‘Rashida Thomas became a freshwoman at Trinity in Washington D.C. as of September 2004.’
- ‘I am a concerned mother of an incoming freshwoman, starting to have those ‘letting go’ nightmares.’
- ‘A Fall 1998 national survey found that only 1.6% of incoming college freshwomen planned to major in computer science.’
- ‘Another one of our bright and capable freshwoman students, Melissa is also the mother of a young daughter.’
- ‘Christina Gambaro is a freshwoman majoring in social work.’
- ‘The program, which will provide four-year support for incoming freshwomen who face severe economic hardship and who exhibit exceptional leadership potential, expects to produce more than 100 scholars in its first 10 years.’
- ‘Both seniors and freshwomen who did attend found them interesting and enjoyable - the speaker luncheons received very high ratings.’
- ‘Several specialty dorms do not house freshwomen, but contain a mixture of the remaining three classes.’
- ‘First year students in the freshwoman halls are placed in both single and a limited number of double rooms.’
- ‘Our Counseling Center is on hand to assist students with college preparation and career planning beginning in their freshwoman year and continuing through graduation.’
- ‘I am 18 years old and a female freshwoman in college.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.