One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A freshwater crocodile native to northern Australia.
Crocodylus johnstoni, family Crocodylidae
- ‘In deeper, murkier pools, such as that where I overturn and become marooned with a seven foot freshy, dwell crocodiles awaiting their next meal.’
- ‘‘Of course there are freshies in Kakadu too,’ he said as we were about to leave, receipt and itinerary in bag.’
- ‘Most recently, the freshie chased a fisherman and he was forced to throw the crocodile his catch; a catfish.’
- ‘Red ones are salties and yellow ones are freshies.’
- ‘Where we find an inquisitive or aggressive freshie, we may relocate it or tag it and monitor its behavior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.