One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A freshwater crocodile native to northern Australia.
Crocodylus johnstoni, family Crocodylidae
- ‘Red ones are salties and yellow ones are freshies.’
- ‘In deeper, murkier pools, such as that where I overturn and become marooned with a seven foot freshy, dwell crocodiles awaiting their next meal.’
- ‘‘Of course there are freshies in Kakadu too,’ he said as we were about to leave, receipt and itinerary in bag.’
- ‘Where we find an inquisitive or aggressive freshie, we may relocate it or tag it and monitor its behavior.’
- ‘Most recently, the freshie chased a fisherman and he was forced to throw the crocodile his catch; a catfish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.