One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are frescoed walls and ceilings, weighty beams inscribed with German proverbs, and a preponderance of carved and knotted pine.’
- ‘On this 13-day tour you'll see imperial eagles, Egyptian vultures and Dalmatian pelicans, plus frescoed monasteries, Roman ruins and the monuments of the Thracian horsemen.’
- ‘It took a few seconds for our eyes to adjust from the bright light of the olive groves to the darkly frescoed gloom of the interior.’
- ‘Bormio's other big draw is the town itself - a fading Italian beauty, complete with frescoed churches and tight pedestrian streets, and almost entirely free of tourist tack.’
- ‘Within its statued, frescoed interior, guards call ‘No flash!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.