One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Within its statued, frescoed interior, guards call ‘No flash!’’
- ‘Bormio's other big draw is the town itself - a fading Italian beauty, complete with frescoed churches and tight pedestrian streets, and almost entirely free of tourist tack.’
- ‘It took a few seconds for our eyes to adjust from the bright light of the olive groves to the darkly frescoed gloom of the interior.’
- ‘There are frescoed walls and ceilings, weighty beams inscribed with German proverbs, and a preponderance of carved and knotted pine.’
- ‘On this 13-day tour you'll see imperial eagles, Egyptian vultures and Dalmatian pelicans, plus frescoed monasteries, Roman ruins and the monuments of the Thracian horsemen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.