Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The dependence on signal frequency of the output–input ratio of an amplifier or other device.
- ‘The system response signal divided by the input signal represents the frequency response of the system.’
- ‘The stated frequency response is 30 Hz to 90 Hz.’
- ‘Compressionists fiddle with the picture's frequency response and the data-transfer rate of the digital bit stream because generally, the higher the transfer rate, the better the picture.’
- ‘The frequency response was 0.05 to 100 Hz.’
- ‘Because of variations in circuit frequency response, the recovered levels of the 404Hz and 2804Hz tones will be different than that of the 1004Hz tone.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.