A mathematical function showing the number of instances in which a variable takes each of its possible values.
- ‘Test statistics resulting from 5,000 randomizations were compiled to form a frequency distribution.’
- ‘It's also possible to study the frequency distribution of these special sets of integers.’
- ‘We tested the frequency distribution of each variable for normality, and used normal log-transformed data.’
- ‘The student team sought a mathematical model to describe the frequency distribution of ridge lengths in crumpled paper.’
- ‘The frequency distribution departed significantly from a normal distribution, and was skewed towards low values.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.