Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mathematical function showing the number of instances in which a variable takes each of its possible values.
- ‘We tested the frequency distribution of each variable for normality, and used normal log-transformed data.’
- ‘It's also possible to study the frequency distribution of these special sets of integers.’
- ‘The student team sought a mathematical model to describe the frequency distribution of ridge lengths in crumpled paper.’
- ‘Test statistics resulting from 5,000 randomizations were compiled to form a frequency distribution.’
- ‘The frequency distribution departed significantly from a normal distribution, and was skewed towards low values.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.