One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This month begins my annual downhill slide into neurotic freneticism.’
- ‘The Adagio movement consists of a similar formula, although the bittersweet writing in the first half is broken by an extended solo cadenza that combines sad feelings with dance-like freneticism.’
- ‘Taking full advantage of improv comedy's inherent freneticism, the five-person group hitched up their pants and plowed through a slew of scenes.’
- ‘The calmness of the music, too, contrasts with the snapshots of city life, making the potential freneticism of the image seem muted by the accompanying sounds.’
- ‘Buses have big, loud motors that play havoc with music, especially those nice, gentle classical numbers that ease you from the quiet reassurance of home into the city's rat-race freneticism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.