One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bread dipped in a mixture of seasoned beaten egg, often with added milk, and fried on both sides.
- ‘Breakfast is hearty, with bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, French toast and grilled steaks, depending on the day.’
- ‘They put it to great use - I saw people eating what looked like fantastic French toast and, as you'll see in a moment, my sandwich featured terrific toasted raisin bread.’
- ‘I serve eggs over easy, sourdough or rye, omelettes, pancakes and French toast to those that happen to find their way into our little joint.’
- ‘While I was very fond of the pancakes - fluffy and perfectly circular, thanks to our trusty pancake pan - it is Burg's French toast that haunts me.’
- ‘Antonio and Haley were almost done cooking what looked to be a feast; bacon, eggs, French toast, grits, and waffles.’
- ‘Breakfast is pretty normal fare with something for everyone; French toast, omelet, steak and eggs, eggs Benedict and some lighter offerings such as bagels and cereal.’
- ‘Use nice, thick-cut white bread to make French toast.’
- ‘There's a chocolate-and-vanilla crème brûlée that tastes like gooey summer custard, and a bland roasted-peach concoction built on a dry square of French toast.’
- ‘The next day they woke to the smells of eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, French toast, fresh home made biscuits, and gravy.’
- ‘Another option is to make French toast with day-old bread.’
- ‘Mary blushed, putting plates of French toast and sausage on the table before sitting down.’
- ‘Fried potatoes, French toast, eggs, sausage, coffee and orange juice sat on the table.’
- ‘Large amounts of sunlight poured through the large glass pane in the entrance, and with the glass door open, a cool morning breeze swept through the cafe that smelled of bacon, pancakes and French toast.’
- ‘He sat as she went to the tray and put together a plate of the milder foods such as bread and jelly and French toast.’
- ‘The smell of French toast and bacon woke me up on Christmas.’
- ‘Downstairs, the smell of bacon and French toast made her mouth water.’
- ‘Lily shrugged, and Emma set out the eggs and milk and bread for French toast.’
- ‘Potato pancakes and French toast are finally here to help solve these problems.’
- ‘Saturday morning started with a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and French toast.’
- ‘But in this case, as ever, conventional wisdom is wrong, for today is when you whip out your milk, cinnamon, eggs, and maple syrup for French toast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.