One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A French loaf.
- ‘I guess if I was to estimate what it cost to feed my four I would say around about £7.00, including a nice French stick.’
- ‘Slice a French stick and spread each side liberally with the flavoured butter.’
- ‘Before I knew it she was putting her French sticks in the backseat.’
- ‘You pay twice the price for a French stick that is delivered to them by the same suppliers as your local shop!’
- ‘Who can resist freshly spread hot buns and or a lightly buttered French stick?’
- ‘In addition to ‘specialty breads’, there are also ‘luxury breads’, such the French sticks.’
- ‘A man dismounted his motorbike and went inside to purchase an armful of French sticks which he tied to the luggage rack.’
- ‘I stood there guiltily, knowing I had deprived the rest of the ex-pat community of a great culinary moment to be shared with a lump of cheddar, pickled onion and a French stick.’
- ‘Slice the French stick into slices.’
- ‘It will produce long and round rolls, French sticks and tin bread effortlessly and consistently.’
- ‘He was buying bread, you see, crusty baguettes, French sticks, medium sliced wholemeal Hovis, chocolate donuts, pastries, that sort of thing.’
- ‘I'll stand in the kitchen in my underpants, covering my chest with crumbs, and you'll lean against my back, intermittently sipping on a glass of chilled water and nibbling at French stick.’
- ‘Spread plenty of the garlic butter into each cut slice of bread and then wrap the whole French stick in kitchen foil.’
- ‘For baking French sticks or loaves, an optional steam generator can provide sufficient steam as the French sticks are being loaded to produce the necessary crust formation.’
- ‘It's a thin, Italian equivalent of small French sticks, made with olive oil.’
- ‘Cut the baguette or French stick in half.’
- ‘There are the two-feet long French sticks to tackle for around 70 baht.’
- ‘It is also known in English as a French stick or a French loaf.’
- ‘Shave the light brown crust from the outside of the French stick with a bread knife and discard it.’
- ‘Using your machine or mixer you can turn out delicious rolls, French sticks and pizza.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.