One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A French roll.
2A pleat at the top of a curtain consisting of three smaller pleats.
- ‘However, remember to keep your window treatments simple, using either French pleats or eyelets.’
- ‘From the classic pencil pleat to the artistic and dramatic French pleat and goblet pleat - there is a style to suit your taste and dress your window with flair.’
- ‘Headings, most of which are now available ready-made include pencil pleats, French pleats, and box pleats.’
- ‘Goblet pleats do not stack as tight as French pleats.’
- ‘Options include French pleats, shirred headings, smocked headings, box pleats and goblet pleats, which give a consistent appearance for a traditional window treatment or serve as an unobtrusive backdrop for room furnishings.’
- ‘Pencil pleats are made by gathering and sewing the top of the drape into tight, small pleats and French pleats are created in tightly pleated groups of three spaced evenly apart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.