One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Loose-fitting, wide-legged knickers, typically of silk or satin.
- ‘I don't mean French knickers, or seamless knickers.’
- ‘As a teenager he would buy bras, French knickers and dresses at jumble sales to wear.’
- ‘Alternatively, floaty French knickers and dainty tie side knickers with contrasting lace back can be worn with a matching cami, bra or slip.’
- ‘The contrast of the colours brown, gold and turquoise was used to full advantage as were innocent white lace camisoles and complementary French knickers.’
- ‘Available in sexy black, or versatile poudre, these gorgeous French knickers have been very popular since their introduction to our range.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.