One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See French kiss
- ‘Isn't it weird how French kissing is the kind that everyone does, while polite smooches on the cheek, which seem to me to be particularly continental, lack a proper name?’
- ‘But hey, people will disagree on anything these days, be it over French wine or French kissing.’
- ‘He silently taught me the art of French kissing.’
- ‘Is French kissing in France just called kissing?’
- ‘The urge to ask her how French kissing works is nearly irresistible, but I'm not sure how to go about it without spoiling the impression of precocity I'm trying so hard to convey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.